It’s getting to be that time of year again…the time of year when the trees transform to red, orange, and gold and the flavor “pumpkin spice” is EVERYWHERE!
I am sad to see summer end, but I have to admit fall has always been my favorite season. It is a time of change and a time of new beginnings. So get ready to break out your boots, scarves, and comfy sweatshirts, it’s time to embrace fall!
Anyone who knows me, knows I am a list maker. It helps me get things done. So instead of sitting around sulking about how the brutal Wisconsin winter is coming, I am going to make the Ultimate Fall Checklist of things to do this season and do my best to check them all off!Drink a pumpkin spice latte (Yes, I am one of those people…sorry not sorry…)
- Pick apples at an apple orchard (and while you’re there have a caramel apple on a stick!)
Go to a football game
- Carve a pumpkin
Cuddle up on your couch in some sweatpants and enjoy a hot cup of apple cider
Have a bonfire (maybe tell some ghost stories)
- Go on a walk or hike and enjoy the colors!
Make a pot of chili
Take advantage of in-season veggies and fruits (squash, apples, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cranberries, pomegranates, beets, pumpkins) and cook up something different for dinner
Bake an apple or pumpkin pie
- Eat some candy corn…is this too many food things?
Visit a haunted house
Go on a hay bale ride
- Read an Edgar Allen Poe scary story (excited to break out my collective works book! #booknerd)
Watch a scary movie (or if you’re a chicken like me, watch Disney Channel’s original movie, Halloweentown or Casper the Friendly Ghost;))
- Throw or attend a Halloween party (costume party obviously…it’s the one of time of year you can dress up and be whatever you want!)
- In honor of Thanksgiving, make a list of 3 things you are grateful for every day in the months of September, October, and November.