“The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence.”
I’m not sure how anything else besides this quote could perfectly encapsulate what I want out of life. I “endured” life for many years, always waiting for the future instead of living in the now, treating happiness like a destination instead of a state of mind. It wasn’t until I struggled with some very low points in my life that I realized, “I need more positivity in my life. I need to be a happier me.” There are two things that I decided would help me achieve this: 1. Taking the time to appreciate what is, and 2. Making my dreams a reality.
I want my life to be rich with experiences. I want to try new things, meet new people, go on adventures, read all the books, and explore the world and all it has to offer. I want to travel—everywhere, and anywhere opportunity takes me. I want to find happiness in every small moment life has to offer me, from my morning coffee to the shining sun on a winter day.
So maybe the purpose of this blog is about those those things—appreciating what I’ve done, sharing the experiences I’ve had, and encouraging others to find happiness and joy in every moment.
Be a happier you:) It’s more fun!
A few random facts about me:
- I love the color pink.
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” I have ridiculous travel goals and limited time. Anyone else?
- I am based out of La Crosse, Wisconsin, my favorite city<3
- My favorite TV shows include The Office, Everybody Loves Raymond, Parks and Rec, Bones, Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory. I love to laugh.
- I need to be hugged often.
- Wine, cheese, and rich desserts are a few of my favorite things.
- My bookshelf (which is overflowing and how I like it) is my pride and joy. Some day I aspire to have an entire room in my house dedicated to me as a personal library and creative space. Money spent on books is money well-spent!